Somewhere Bible Chapel was established in 1973 in Somewhere, Ontario, Canada in 1973. We are a growing community of Christians who would love to welcome you.
Our mission is to “Proclaim Christ and Make Disciples”. Our church services are patterned after the early church in Acts, including Breaking of Bread, Preaching God’s Word, Prayer and Fellowship.
About Somewhere Bible Chapel
1. We believe in the Divine inspiration of the Scriptures. The whole of the Bible in its sixty-six books is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. The believer has the privilege to interpret the Scriptures personally through the illumination of the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing and manifested in three co-equal and distinct persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that the Father reigns with providential care over all life and history in the created universe. He initiated salvation by sending His Son as Lord and Savior. He hears and answers prayer.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, became human, being supernaturally conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, and is true God and true man.
5. We believe in the Person and work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. He regenerates and indwells the believer, and is our abiding guide and teacher. He is the power for victory over sin and the enabling power for service.
6. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that by Adam’s disobedience sin entered into the world, that the resulting fall was passed on to the entire race and apart from Christ man is spiritually dead and lost.
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried, rose from the dead in body, and ascended to heaven where He is now interceding for us. His shed blood is the only atonement for our sins. All who repent and believe on Him have the forgiveness of sins.
8. We believe that each individual becomes a child of God when accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, and the Holy Spirit imparts eternal life. We believe that ultimately each child of God is personally accountable to God alone for attitudes and actions.
9. We believe that the church is the body of Christ consisting of all true believers united for His purposes. The church is a self-determining body under the lordship of Christ. Church and state exist by the will of God and have distinct concerns and responsibilities, free from the control by each other.
10. We believe the ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Believer’s baptism by immersion signifies identification with Jesus Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. The partaking of the bread and the cup by believers is a continuing memorial of the broken body and shed blood of Christ.
11. We believe in the sudden, personal, and visible return of Jesus Christ.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind; that of the saved at the return of Jesus Christ, and that of the unsaved in the day of the Great Judgment.
13. We believe that all those who are redeemed will enjoy a life of everlasting blessedness in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.
14. We believe that all those who are unsaved are condemned to a conscious existence in everlasting death and torment.
15. We believe in the reality and the personality of Satan, who can exert vast power but only so far as God allows him to do so. He is the accuser of the believer and the enemy of all that is Godly. He shall in the end be cast into Hell.